UPDATED Visitor Restrictions from 8pm Thursday 5th August 2021
Following the Premier’s announcement on the 5th of August 2021 from 8pm Thursday 5 August visitors are not permitted into aged care or other residential facility settings, except for end-of-life and essential care and support reasons.
Visitors are not permitted into aged care or other residential facility settings, except for end-of-life and essential care and support reasons.
Restrictions on visitors (End-of-life support)
- Two visitors at a time
- No time limits
Restrictions on Visitors (essential care and support reasons):
- Two visitors at one time
- There is no time limit;
- No more than two visitors are permitted per day, excluding dependents
Definition of essential care and support reasons:
- To provide essential care or support for the residents immediate physical or emotional wellbeing, including support for people living with dementia
- As an interpreter or to provide language support
- To learn to support the patient or residents care upon discharge
If you are visiting for permitted reasons, please follow these guidelines during your visit:
- Please contact the home manager, lead clinical staff in charge or administration staff in prior to coming to the home so we can book a suitable a visiting time;
- All Visitors and workers (including non-essential staff and contractors) are required to wear face masks when in any indoor and outdoor space. Visitors must not have a temperature of 37.5 degrees Celsius or more;
- Upon entry, use hand sanitiser for 20 seconds
- Report to reception, have your temperature checked and complete the two electronic QR sign-in declarations
- Visitors must follow infection control procedures, such as regular handwashing and social distancing with staff, residents and your loved one. Visitors are also required to wear single-use OC Health supplied masks at all times while inside the residence, even in a resident’s room;
- When wearing your face mask, it MUST cover your nose and mouth at all times
- If you are unwell at any time after your visit, please alert the Residence Manager immediately
Keep in touch with your loved ones through electronic means such as face time or window visits which can be arranged through contacting Lifestyle staff on the details below.
If you need further support, you can also contact the Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN) on 1800 700 600.
We will be publishing regular updates to the Mount Clear website found in the following link mountclearagedcare.com.au.
In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy.
Mount Clear Aged Care
August 5th, 2021