UPDATED Visitor Restrictions from 1pm Saturday 21st August 2021
Due to the ongoing level of community transmission, the number of mystery cases and a surge of new cases and exposure sites outside of metropolitan Melbourne, regional Victoria has entered lockdown from 1pm Saturday, 21 August 2021.
Please note Visitors are still not permitted into aged care or other residential facility settings, except for end-of-life and essential support reasons.
Visitors are not permitted into aged care or other residential facility settings, except for end-of-life and essential care and support reasons.
Restrictions on visitors (End-of-life support)
- Two visitors at a time
- No time limits
Restrictions on Visitors (essential care and support reasons):
- Two visitors at one time
- There is no time limit;
- No more than two visitors are permitted per day, excluding dependents
Definition of essential care and support reasons:
- To provide essential care or support for the residents immediate physical or emotional wellbeing, including support for people living with dementia
- As an interpreter or to provide language support
- To learn to support the patient or residents care upon discharge
If you are visiting for permitted reasons, please follow these guidelines during your visit:
- Please contact the home manager, lead clinical staff in charge or administration staff in prior to coming to the home so we can book a suitable visiting time;
- All Visitors and workers (including non-essential staff and contractors) are required to wear face masks when in any indoor and outdoor space. Visitors must not have a temperature of 37.5 degrees Celsius or more;
- Upon entry, use hand sanitiser for 20 seconds
- Report to reception, have your temperature checked and complete the two electronic QR sign-in declarations
- Visitors must follow infection control procedures, such as regular handwashing and social distancing with staff, residents and your loved one. Visitors are also required to wear single-use OC Health supplied masks at all times while inside the residence, even in a resident’s room;
- When wearing your face mask, it MUST cover your nose and mouth at all times
- If you are unwell at any time after your visit, please alert the Residence Manager immediately
Keep in touch with your loved ones through electronic means such as face time or window visits which can be arranged through contacting Lifestyle staff on the details below.
We will be publishing regular updates to the Mount Clear website found in the following link mountclearagedcare.com.au.
If you need further support, you can also contact the Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN) on 1800 700 600.
In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy.
Mount Clear Aged Care
August 23th, 2021