COVID-19 Outbreak Update
Dear family members,
At this stage the current outbreak at Mount Clear has been declared over. Both Staff and residents who were affected are well. All staff and residents are in good spirits. The residents are now starting to slowly integrate together and socialise again. Despite the outbreak being over we still need to be vigilant.
For non essential visits we encourage all families to maintain contact via electronic means.
Keep in Contact- Speak via Facetime/Zoom/ Phone/ Email etc.
If you would like to talk to a resident please email Mount Clear on email@example.com to book an appointment Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm.
Mount Clear will ensure we keep families regularly updated, via phone/messaging/email/website. The home will also welcome all phone calls and will answer any queries or questions on Mount Clear Aged Care 5330 3107 contact number.
We will facilitate visits by essential visitors from Monday 31/1/22. Residents are permitted to have at least one visitor. This may change pending department of health advice.
Essential visitors must:
- Return a negative Rapid Antigen test prior to entry into the home
- Book an appointment via Zipline online prior to arrival as visiting is limited per day
- All visitors are required to wear N95 face masks while indoors and outdoors
- Maintain 1.5 metres distance from all staff and residents
- All visitors are required to sign in before entry to the facility using Zipline and Government QR code
Visitors are not permitted to enter a care facility if you:
- Are awaiting a COVID-19 test result
- Are unwell with any symptoms of COVID-19 or have a temperature of 37.5 degrees Celsius or higher, or any symptoms of a fever such as night sweats or chills
- Have arrived in Australia within the last 14 days, unless you have come from a green travel zone via a ‘quarantine-free flight’
- Have had known contact in the past 14 days with a person who was a confirmed case of COVID-19, or are self-isolating and have not yet been given clearance to exit
- Have visited an exposure site and have been advised to immediately isolate, get a COVID-19 test, and remain isolated for 14 days.
We would like to thank you for your ongoing support over the past few weeks in keeping our homes and communities safe.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time should you have any further questions or concerns.
Mount Clear Aged Care