COVID-19 Outbreak Update
COVID-19 Update July 25, 2022
Mount Clear Aged Care remains in lockdown. A number of residents have completed their 7 days of isolation and are recovering well. Majority of the residents have had mild symptoms of COVID-19 including runny nose and cough. All remain in good spirits and are provided with 1:1 support from our lifestyle team.
Grief and Trauma Support
Free grief and trauma support and advice services are available such as:
- COVID-19 Grief & Trauma Support Services Aged Care https://www.health.gov.
au/health-topics/aged-care/ advice-on-aged-care-during- covid-19/grief-and-trauma- support-services
- Head to Health https://www.
- Aged Care COVID-19 Grief and Bereavement Service https://aged.grief.
- The Better Access initiative. Further information in this support is available in this Better Access fact sheet.
Mental Health Support
There are several support services available to residents, families and staff including:
- Beyond Blue offers a dedicated 24/7 Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service. Further information is available at Coronavirus Beyond Blue or by calling 1800 512 348.
- Lifeline 131114
- Mensline Australia 1300 789 978
- Open Arms- Veterans and families counselling 1800 011 046
- Black Dog Institute offers The Essential Network (TEN). This online service is dedicated to health care staff and provides confidential mental health support.
- Head to Health centres free service that offers support for adults to access mental health information, services further information at Head to Health or by calling 1800 595 212.
Just a friendly reminder of the importance of winter COVID-19 and influenza vaccinations. Mount Clear Aged Care strongly encourage all consumers, staff and visitors who are eligible to receive their winter vaccinations.
If you haven’t already:
Please provided evidence of residents vaccinations via email to email@example.com
Or complete Consent forms through the links below:
COVID-19 Anti-viral Treatment
Thank you for your prompt replies and consent to ensure your families receive anti-viral treatment in a timely manner as directed by our GPs. Please see further information regarding the anti-viral treatment.
Please continue to keep in contact via phone, email, letters, FaceTime or zoom. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mount Clear Aged Care